Sabudana kheer recipe – generally made during the navratri festival or during some of the fasting or vrat days. This is a popular type of indian pudding that is made with tapioca pearls for religious fasting days.
This sabudana kheer is very easy to make.This is a creamy smooth kheer. just remember to cook the sabudana very well. once cooked, they should not give you any resistance when you bite into these pearls.
The sabudana kheer naturally thickens after cooling, so keep in mind the consistency you want in case you want to serve it cold. When served cold with garnished dry fruits taste awesome .
- ½ cup sabudana
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 4 to 5 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp green cardamoms powder
- 2 tbsp chopped cashews
- ½ tbsp raisins
- 3-4 saffron strands (optional)
- Rinse the sabudana in water.
- Take a pan and add the rinsed sabudana in the pan.
- Cover the pan and keep this pan on low flame and begin to cook it.
- Meanwhile heat the milk in another pan but do not boil the milk.
- After 4-5 minutes, add the milk to the pan and continue to cook.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder on simmer flame till the sabudana have cooked well for.
- Keep on stirring occasionally.
- Cook the kheer on low flame for 20-25 minutes and afterwards switch off the flame and add cashews and raisins.
- Garnish the sabudana kheer with saffron strands.
- Serve sabudana kheer hot or warm or cold.