Sabudana khichdi mainly made during fasting days like navratri, mahashivratri or ekadashi. Sabudana khichdi is an easy recipe to prepare and is a good recipe to be made during fasting days but it requires little experience to get the perfect texture in the sabudana.
When you make the sabudana khichdi, you have to adjust the soaking time. for some 2-3 hours is fine. For some you don’t even need to soak them in water, just cover the sabudana with water for some time and you are done.
The khichdi is loaded with carbohydrates and the proteins coming only from peanuts.
- 1 cup sabudana
- 2 small size potatoes
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 8-10 kadi patta (optional)
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp jeera
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- Soak sabudana for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the sabudana very well and keep aside
- Boil the potatoes and then peel and chop it into cubes.
- In a pan roast the peanuts till they are browned and make a coarse powder in a grinder.
- Mix the coarsely powdered peanuts, salt and sugar with the drained sabudana.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds till they crackle and get browned.
- Now add green chilies and fry for half a minute.
- Now add potato and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sabudana. keep on stirring the mixture.
- When the sabudana looses their opaqueness means they are cooked.
- Don’t over cook as they might become hard.
- Mix well and serve sabudana khichdi hot.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and drizzle with some lemon juice.